Whether or not you’re the marriage kind of gal (and lord knows it’s not for everyone), the feeling that your partner is about to get down on one knee instead of two for a change could either send giddy excitement or shock waves of panic coursing through your body.
Either way, it’s best to be prepared.
Here are ten tell-tale signs to watch out for:
1. You catch him looking at you even more than he already does.
He’s thinking about growing old with you. Creepy or romantic?
2. He’s made the bed every night this month.
You know he’s a slob — something’s definitely up.
3. Your sex life is suddenly as passionate as when you first met.
Nothing to worry about here. Just enjoy it.
4. He said something like, “What do you think of Connecticut in the fall?”
This is only a few, short steps removed from “We should get a dog.”
5. He’s suddenly taken an interest in getting on your family’s good side.
He used to avoid your family functions like the plague.
6. His “I love you’s” have started sounding more serious.
It’s pretty cute though, no?
7. You’ve noticed his reckless spending slow down significantly.
Wait, is he trying to act like an adult all of a sudden?
8. Your mutual friends have started to act differently towards you — in a good way.
Yup — he’s already told them. Watch out for an elaborate proposal where everyone you know suddenly shows up.
9. He’s sort of awkward around you, like you’re courting all over again.
Butterflies at this stage can only mean one thing.
10. He’s made sure you’re free next Thursday, like, twenty times.
OK, this is it. Ready?
Comments will be approved before showing up.