Queerty’s New Years Resolutions 2016: How Long Will They Last?
Albert Einstein famously defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
How many people actually stick to that new gym routine or keep their promise to quit eating ice cream after 9 p.m.? Studies show that New Year’s resolutions last a week, at best.
And yet, every January 1, we continue to make grand declarations. Because you never know. Maybe this year will be different, right? Right?!
Pour yourself another glass of bubbly and scroll down for our New Years resolutions…
Chris Bull, Q.Digital Co-Founder & Editorial Director
- Eat all the veggies and fruit in my “farm fresh” weekly delivery box to help avoid rice and pasta.
- Read more and watch TV less.
- Bike more and drive less.
- Remember my resolutions longer than it takes me to write them here.
Jeremy Kinser, Queerty Managing Editor
- To make time to read at least one book each month. I have a voluminous reading list that will require me living into three digits to complete.
- To take an intensive cooking class and/or actually make use of the dozen gourmet cook books collecting dust in my kitchen.
- To visit Brazil, where I’m certain my soul mate resides.
Dan Tracer, Queerty Editor
In 2016, I’m resolved to stop giving fringe Republican candidates the oxygen they need to keep burning, to never click on any headline that contains the word “full-frontal,” and to treat every religious conviction with the solemn respect it deserves. I should probably note that I’ve never kept kept any of my resolutions.
Graham Gremore, Queerty Staff Writer
Every year since 2009 I’ve vowed to lose 10 pounds, and every year I’ve failed. This year I’m switching up my strategy and, rather than losing weight, I just hope not to gain any.
Derek de Koff, LGBTQ Nation Editor
I resolve to stop dancing and crying simultaneously.
Jake Myers, Account Manager for Queerty and GayCities
- Get married in a tropical location, and then plan an exotic honeymoon to de-stress from my tropical vacation.
- Watch all of the election debates from start to finish so that I’m well informed, instead of hearing the highlights on Howard Stern.
- Unplug my devices and sit still for 2 minutes a day, after reading Queerty of course!
Joseph Lease, Account Manager for Queerty and GayCities
- Get that Zac Efron body.
- Travel more.
- Meet new people.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Think
The below comment was written by Jason Christensen, a man currently running for Utah State Senate, in regards to a teenager who committed suicide last week over his sexuality: Since being posted on Reddit earlier today, it’s drummed up considerable outrage, with hundreds of people demanding that Christensen’s political career come to an abrupt and inauspicious end. Related: Andrew Christian Model [...]
Continue Reading →
Earworm warning: this one will burrow its way into your brain. You’ve seen the shimmy GIFs and memes, now this growing phenomenon has its own song, and it’s…well, kind of annoying actually, but still somewhat amusing. Related: Randy Rainbow Moderates The First Debate; It’s Super The lyrics center around how Hillary Clinton won the first debate [...]
Continue Reading →
It was August 2014. The Leftovers was wrapping up its first season on HBO and the entire Internet was in a tizzy over Justin Theroux’s sweatpants. More specifically, what was flopping around underneath the sweatpants he was wearing in the opening scene of an episode. In case you need a refresher, here you go: After making national headlines, [...]
Continue Reading →