Register Today: Webinar About Taxes for the LGBT Community
You’re invited to join experts from HRC, the National LGBTQ Task Force and the National Women’s Law Center for a free webinar about taxes for the LGBT community.
The webinar, Queer Our Taxes: Taxes and the LGBTQ Community, will be held this Thursday, March 3, at 1 p.m. EST.
The webinar is meant for:
- LGBT individuals with health expenses
- LGBT individuals or couples with children or other dependents
- Married same-sex couples
- Advocates in organizations that serve LGBTQ clients
- Advocates in organizations that serve low-income individuals and families at tax time
The webinar will include several helpful tips and common issues, including:
- Filing status and the IRS definition of “married”
- Information about claiming children and other dependents
- Guidance about claiming health expenses
- Eligibility for tax credits
- Amending past years’ tax returns
- State tax filing
- A chance to ask experts your questions
Featured speakers will include Robin Maril, HRC Senior Legislative Counsel, Meghan Maury, Project Director, Criminal and Economic Justice, National LGBTQ Task Force, and Amy Matsui, Senior Counsel, National Women’s Law Center.
This webinar is free, but participants must register in advance. A recording of the webinar will be available to registrants a few days after the event. Click here to register today.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.