By: Shannon Ralph
It’s that time of the year again. Halloween is officially over. Hence, the Christmas season is upon us. We all know—thanks to Target and Gap and any of the other numerous retailers that are already playing holiday commercials on my television—that the Christmas season officially kicks off at 12:01 A.M. on November 1st. Unless you go by K-mart’s calendar, who decided to forgo Halloween altogether and air its first Christmas commercial a few days after Labor Day this year.
Whichever calendar you decide to abide by, it is clear that NOW is the time to start thinking about shopping for the holidays. If your kids are anything like mine, their Santa lists consist of expensive computers, video games, and all things Apple™. I, on the other hand, appreciate hand-made gifts. Unique gifts. Gifts that will not find their way under every tree in the tri-state area. Gifts that will not require me to sell necessary body parts to afford.
Like Santa, I want to find the perfect gift my child will love. Unlike Santa, however, I do not have an army of diminutive toy-making minions to do my bidding. Nor do I have particularly impressive crafting skills. I do, however, have a credit card and internet access. And that is really all one needs to cash in on unique, creative gifts for all of the children in your life.
Below is my list of the 35 best holiday gifts for kids—infants through teens—on Etsy for $25 and under. Perhaps you will find a gem that your child will love!
1. Absolutely the CUTEST little stuffed baby owl—$20
2. This handmade wooden catapult toy comes with 3 bean bags for ammo—perfect for launching covert attacks on siblings!—$22
3. Remember how much you loved paper dolls as a child? These adorable felt “paper dolls” come with three dolls and four outfits.—$24.50
4. Check out this large car wallet with racetrack.—$20
5. Do you have a little animal activist? An adorable Adopt! t-shirt.—$8.50
6. Cozy mittens made from upcycled sweaters.—$24
7. How cute will your baby’s bum look in this My 1st Christmas diaper cover?—$14.99
8. Yes, we all understand that your head will explode it you hear “Let It Go” one more time, but suck it up. Your kids will adore this hand crocheted Elsa hat, complete with braid.—$23
9. Girls can be superheroes, too! Superhero Girls memory game.—$20
10. Your future engineer will love this 3D DIY metallic Titanic puzzle.—$13.62
11. Have a video game nut? Personalized laser engraved, color-changing MARIO multi-color LED Night Light.—$23.45
12. I love this Ninja lovey!—$22
13. Have a tween who loves science and loathes personal hygiene? This cool Geode rock soap may just be the answer to your problems!—$6
14. For your dapper dude, check out this Batman bow tie.—$23
15. How about a pretty personalized pillow case?—$21
16. Have a Starbucks-obsessed teen on your hands? How about this fun crocheted sloth coffee cup cozy?—$22
17. Personalized superhero cape for the little superhero in your life.—$17
18. Everyone knows the wand chooses the wizard! Ignite your child’s inner witch or wizard with this hand-crafted wooden wand!—$15
19. Let your little one chew on this inexpensive personalized cell phone teether rather than the ridiculously spendy real thing!—$12
20. Every adorably toothless child needs a fully customizable Tooth Fairy pillow.—$18
21. What child wouldn’t love tormenting the family pet with this this wooden slingshot toy with 10 harmless wool felt balls?—$22
22. A great stocking stuffer for the cereal loving kid who has everything…a Cereal Killer spoon.—$4.95
23. Newly pierced ears? Your little girl will love these colorful button stud earrings.—$5.50
24. Abominable Snowmen scented hand warmers to warm tiny fingers and toes this long, cold winter.—$9.99
25. Every teen needs these gorgeous and cozy fingerless wool texting mittens.—$22
26. Check out this t-shirt for your selfie obsessed teen.—$14.99
27. Keep your little guy warm with this hilariously cute beard hat!—$19.95
28. Keep little hands busy while they practice fine motor skills with this wooden strawberry sewing game.—$15
29. Personalized sketchbook for your artsy teen!—$25
30. Your little one will love playing with this delightful cat and mouse wooden puzzle.—$20
31. Cool Word Nerd post earrings for your wannabe novelist.—$9.95
32. You will adore this keepsake personalized mini lovey/blankie.—$20
33. Tired of stepping on Legos everywhere you go? Check out this ingenious Lego bag and playmat in one!—$22.35
34. Who wouldn’t love this fun Bowl-a-Gnome wooden bowling set?—$19.50
35. Check out this pair of colorful sheep cashmere long woolen socks for your stylish teen to wear with her boots!—$19.99
The post 35 0f the Best Kids’ Holiday Gifts on Etsy $25 and Under appeared first on The Next Family.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Originally published on The Seattle Lesbian
By Laura King
Life can get busy. With work, kids, family commitments, friends, chores, and the general chaos of everyday life, it can be near impossible at times to sit down for a cup of tea, let alone squeeze in an hour of exercise regularly. However, all things are possible if you set your mind to them. Those that prioritize their fitness nearly...
With the passage of marriage equality last year, laws have been quickly changing across the United States. LGBT couples with or without children weren’t just given the right of marriage, they were provided new protections and benefits within their families. All of a sudden, LGBT couples and families had to figure out how to file jointly when it came to taxes, how to add...
By Alex Temblador
I recently wrote an article for The Next Family called, “Family-Friendly Films That Feature Adoption and Foster Care,” that shared wonderful family films with adoption or foster care story lines. My reasoning behind doing so was because every family deserves a chance to see similar families like theirs represented in various forms of entertainment.
The same can be said of other...