By: Kelly Rummelhart
This Thanksgiving I (hopefully) got knocked up. Instead of eating with my family today, I had my embryo transfer in LA and then lay around on bed rest. Now before you feel bad for me being away from my family on Thanksgiving . . . Don’t. My in-laws decided to celebrate it the next day so I and some others could attend.
So, as I’m lying here in a quiet hotel room (versus a bustling kitchen) I can think of several things I am thankful for, in the realm of surrogacy.
* I am thankful that I have been matched with 3 great sets of intended parents.
* I am thankful that I am still a part of their lives, being able to visit and receive pictures.
* I am thankful that I have such an amazing husband that not only supports my decision to be a surrogate, but also participates.
* I am thankful that my children love being a part of my journeys.
* I am thankful that I have brought 4 little people into this world.
* I am thankful that at the end of this journey, I will be getting a new tummy.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Originally published on The Seattle Lesbian
By Laura King
Life can get busy. With work, kids, family commitments, friends, chores, and the general chaos of everyday life, it can be near impossible at times to sit down for a cup of tea, let alone squeeze in an hour of exercise regularly. However, all things are possible if you set your mind to them. Those that prioritize their fitness nearly...
With the passage of marriage equality last year, laws have been quickly changing across the United States. LGBT couples with or without children weren’t just given the right of marriage, they were provided new protections and benefits within their families. All of a sudden, LGBT couples and families had to figure out how to file jointly when it came to taxes, how to add...
By Alex Temblador
I recently wrote an article for The Next Family called, “Family-Friendly Films That Feature Adoption and Foster Care,” that shared wonderful family films with adoption or foster care story lines. My reasoning behind doing so was because every family deserves a chance to see similar families like theirs represented in various forms of entertainment.
The same can be said of other...