By: Danny Thomas
All systems down
Out of time
Somehow living, broken open by nature, in the moment
To be in the moment and out of time
And at the same time
Surrounded, to an exasperating degree,
By the what has been done and the what comes next.
Known and unknown…
We did this together…
Thank you for all that.
So many kinds of love.
As I lay in bed the other night…
Missing my wife,
And at the same time,
Happily surrounded by my children,
I traced a chain of love.
All the love I knew that was tied to that moment …
Like a Rubik’s cube
With endless sides…
So many kinds of love…
· My love for my children…
· And my wife…
· The love we share with the people whose wedding she was attending -make that whose wedding she was officiating!
· The love those people share, Evan and Hayley – truly generous and inspiring people and artists…
What’s not to love?
Then I thought about the love that has helped us through our recent times…
Through our move etc.
· The kind of love we share that makes us want to pack up and haul each other’s shit around the country…
· More so, the kind of love our friends and family have for us that they packed and hauled our shit for us.
· Finally, the love of friends and colleagues, and strangers, for that matter, who have welcomed us here with kind and eager hearts.
I am fortunate to live in this much love.
And all the work and sweat and joy and blood and delight that comes with it.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Originally published on The Seattle Lesbian
By Laura King
Life can get busy. With work, kids, family commitments, friends, chores, and the general chaos of everyday life, it can be near impossible at times to sit down for a cup of tea, let alone squeeze in an hour of exercise regularly. However, all things are possible if you set your mind to them. Those that prioritize their fitness nearly...
With the passage of marriage equality last year, laws have been quickly changing across the United States. LGBT couples with or without children weren’t just given the right of marriage, they were provided new protections and benefits within their families. All of a sudden, LGBT couples and families had to figure out how to file jointly when it came to taxes, how to add...
By Alex Temblador
I recently wrote an article for The Next Family called, “Family-Friendly Films That Feature Adoption and Foster Care,” that shared wonderful family films with adoption or foster care story lines. My reasoning behind doing so was because every family deserves a chance to see similar families like theirs represented in various forms of entertainment.
The same can be said of other...