A violent gay scandal has rocked the Queen’s Guard in England.
An investigation is currently underway after two male recruits were allegedly forced to perform sex acts on one another as part of an initiation ceremony to the Queen’s Guards.
But it gets worse.
According to sources, the rape was filmed by other guardsmen on their cellphones and the footage was shared throughout the camp and posted to Facebook.
“It was totally out of control,” a source tells The Sun. “People should be in jail for this.”
The incident took place at Pirbright Barracks in Surrey last September. The recruits, ages 23 and 28, were reportedly in their seventh month of training and had just returned from a first ceremonial duty stint at the Tower of London.
“They were made to feel part of the group after their first week with 2 Company and felt like they were fitting in,” the source says. “It was a Sunday night and Wales were playing Uruguay in the Rugby World Cup.”
He continues: “They were told to grab a shower and head upstairs to a TV room where they could see the game and have a few beers. They had probably heard rumors about initiation ceremonies at Catterick, where 2 Company is often referred to as The Gay Company, but there is no way they would have expected what was about to happen.”
What happened next is truly terrifying.
The men were welcomed into the TV room. But within minutes the exits were blocked and they were ordered to strip naked, stand in the center of the room and carry out sex acts on one another in front of group.
“It was totally out of control,” the source continues, “and the older and more senior guys were obviously ordering them to do what they did. The two guys must both have been terrified. They had no choice in what they were doing.”
After the ordeal, video of the assault was circulated around the barracks via email, WhatsApp and SnapChat, resulting in the men being bullied and harassed by other soldiers.
“They were mocked for being gay, although they were forced into the acts,” the source says. “It was horrific and worse than anything I have ever known in the Army.”
Eventually the footage made it to the Regimental Sergeant Major’s desk, who ordered an investigation. The incident was reported as a rape and so far six soldiers are said to have been reprimanded.
A spokesman for the Army, however, is downplaying the incident.
“We can confirm an incident did take place and details were referred to the Royal Military Police for an initial investigation. No allegations of coercive or criminal behavior were made,” the spokesman said. “However, this behavior is unacceptable and administrative action was taken against those present, with disciplinary measures taken against one individual.”
According to the source, one of the victims remains in the Queen’s Guard, the other suffered a psychiatric breakdown and is on sick leave. He will likely be discharged.
“It is outrageous what has happened to these two,” the source says. “They are both young guys who just wanted to be in the Army and for this to happen and potentially ruin their careers is absolutely appalling.”