“Let’s Talk About The T” Video Series Highlights Transgender People Telling Their Own Stories
The first video in a new series from TransTech Social Enterprises, “Let’s Talk About The T,” premiered online today. The series, which is sponsored by the HRC Foundation, features a diverse cast of transgender people talking about their experiences and some of the challenges they face.
"We are shifting power back into the hands of trans people,” said TransTech Founder and CEO Angelica Ross. “Instead of others speaking for us, we are speaking for ourselves. 'Let's Talk About The T!' is a project about trans people that was created, filmed and produced by trans people and it shows how to create more authentic representation by empowering trans people to tell their own stories."
As we celebrate Women’s History Month, it’s important to highlight how transgender women of color –– like Angelica Ross –– are making history on a daily basis by fostering understanding and acceptance of transgender people.
The video series also features:
- Joanna Cifredo, Racial & Economic Justice Policy Analyst at the National Center for Transgender Equality
- Achim Howard, HIV advocate
- Sarah McBride, Campaigns and Communications Manager – LGBT Progress at the Center for American Progress
- Kaycee Ortiz, HIV advocate
- Monique Ross, HRC Youth Ambassador
- Jaan Williams, the White House Liaison to the Department of Health and Human Services
The first video in the series talks about personal safety and new videos will premiere weekly for the next three weeks on other topics.
For more information on HRC’s work for transgender equality and inclusion, click here.