Laila McQueen is an edgy queen who (spoiler alert!) was sent home too early on the eighth season of RuPaul’s Drag Race. While you may have only gotten to see a few of her avant-garde looks on the show, you haven’t seen the last of Laila.
We recently had the pleasure of speaking with Laila, following her elimination, and got to learn more about this artistic queen. Stayed tuned for all the juicy details she gave us in the full interview. In the mean time, whet your appetite with this list of 10 fascinating things you never knew about her. Enjoy!
Related: Loving the Art of Laila McQueen
10. Laila has a rare anxiety disorder known as “Misophonia“
9. Most of Laila’s drag career has been spent in New Hampshire
8. Laila has a degree in Fine Arts and enjoys creating art in addition to drag
7. She has a sick obsession with American artist Keith Haring
6. Laila can finish a family-sized tub of hummus in one sitting
5. As a child, Laila was always a witch for Halloween (not a wizard, a witch)
4. Laila is terrified of both turkeys and sharks
3. For vacation, Laila almost exclusively goes to clothing-optional facilities ;)
2. From age 15, and up until she got onto RuPaul‘s Drag Race, Laila hand-made all of her merchandise for her fans
1. When she was 19, Laila got banned from the University of Maine because of her drag
Watch Laila on the eighth season of RuPaul‘s Drag Race. New episodes premiere every Monday at 9/8c on Logo.