In many ways, a roommate relationship can be even more intimate than a boyfriend. You see your roommate at their best and their worst, your social lives can tend to merge and they’re usually around to talk through an issue or just take a shot to kick off a night out.
But with all that time spent building a solid foundation, things can get complicated.
Who was there hugging you when you found out you landed a new job? Your roommate.
Whose shoulder did you cry on when you received the news your childhood dog had finally gone to heaven? Yup, roommate.
Scroll down for ten tell-tale signs that your roommate is actually your boo:
1. You Nexflix-and-chill many nights per week, progressively sitting closer to each other.
2. Most of your texts have smiley faces at the end, even the ones that say “Don’t forget tonight is trash night :)”
3. You cook him amazing dinners. Afterwards, he says something like “Sit and enjoy your wine — I’ll do the dishes.”
4. You consider his closet fair territory, including the underwear drawer.
5. You’re very familiar with how comfortable his bed is, and you sometimes wake up in it after a night of drinking.
6. He starts acting super awkward whenever you have a guy over.
7. Your inside jokes annoy the hell out of your friends.
8. You’re on a first name basis with his entire family, including some obscure members like a sister-in-law’s cousin.
9. You’ve liked his last ten profile pictures; you’ve taken two of them.
10. You buy premium toilet paper because he has sensitive skin and you know he likes it.
And last but not least, here’s one more bonus sign:
He whispered “I love you” into your ear while he was inside of you.