This Sunday, HRC will be on the ground in Jackson, Mississippi to rally against the discriminatory anti-LGBT law H.B. 1523. More than 75 major national corporations and businesses have spoken out against the horrific measure, which has opened up a broad loophole allowing almost any individual or organization to use broad justifications to discriminate against LGBTQ Mississippians at work, at school and in their communities. Following Kansas and North Carolina, Mississippi becomes the third state this legislative session to sign into law an explicitly anti-LGBTQ bill.
Join HRC at the Rally to Repeal H.B. 1523 this Sunday, May 1 at 3:30 p.m. CDT. We will march from the Mississippi Capitol to the Governor's Mansion in order to send a clear and powerful message to Gov. Bryant, Lt. Gov. Reeves and House Speaker Gunn that fair-minded Mississippians support the repeal of this law.
Can’t make the rally? Here are five other ways to get involved:
- Send a message to lawmakers in Mississippi to repeal these hateful laws immediately.
- Tweet this to show your support and to stand with the LGBTQ community: I stand with @HRC and urge @PhilBryantMS to #RepealHB1523. #NoHateInMyState.
- Subscribe to our daily tipsheet for up to the minute information about measures in Mississippi.
- Take action on Snapchat with HRC by sending a message to Mississippi lawmakers to repeal HB1523 by visiting hrc.org/Snapchat. Add “WeAreHRC” on Snapchat for live updates.
- Text ONEMISSISSIPPI to 30644 to join HRC’s Project One America in the fight for LGBTQ equality in Mississippi.