Project Home (On a Dime)
By Shira Gill
All of us have things we would change about our homes, but most of us are operating on a budget that limits our design choices. I am always restless so I find myself brainstorming little things I can do to freshen up my home without spending a dime. Here you go!
1. Rearrange the furniture. I spent last weekend dragging furniture from one room to another. I was shocked to learn that switching the placement of our chairs, side table and dining room buffet made a huge difference!
2. Switch out your framed pictures. Most people have framed photos in their homes and lots of extra pics, postcards or even art. Pop out the old images and start over with your favorite pictures and images.
3. Change the lighting. Whether you move one lamp to a different part of the house, change a lightbulb, or invest in a new overhead light fixture, this one will pack a huge punch.
4. Rotate throws and pillows. I generally buy furniture in muted tones like grey or beige so I can switch out textured or patterned throw pillows and cozy blankets when I want a new look. Etsy.com has an incredible and affordable collection of pillow covers.
5. Lighten up. You heard me. Getting rid of things is the best way to reclaim your space and start fresh. Create a clean, clutter free space so when time and budget allow you are ready to decorate your heart out!
What do you do to reinvent your home on a dime?