By: Kelly Rummelhart
This Thanksgiving I (hopefully) got knocked up. Instead of eating with my family today, I had my embryo transfer in LA and then lay around on bed rest. Now before you feel bad for me being away from my family on Thanksgiving . . . Don’t. My in-laws decided to celebrate it the next day so I and some others could attend.
So, as I’m lying here in a quiet hotel room (versus a bustling kitchen) I can think of several things I am thankful for, in the realm of surrogacy.
* I am thankful that I have been matched with 3 great sets of intended parents.
* I am thankful that I am still a part of their lives, being able to visit and receive pictures.
* I am thankful that I have such an amazing husband that not only supports my decision to be a surrogate, but also participates.
* I am thankful that my children love being a part of my journeys.
* I am thankful that I have brought 4 little people into this world.
* I am thankful that at the end of this journey, I will be getting a new tummy.